The IDBF Statutes and Bye-Laws have undergone a big transformation and refresh. Originally written 32 years ago, the Statutes and Bye-Laws have evolved over time with incremental adjustments which meant there were a number of contradictory statements. Back in 2022 a working group was established to develop a new set of Statutes and Bye-laws for IDBF that would:
- align with good practice;
- remove existing inconsistencies and anomalies;
- improve clarity for those whose first language is not English; and
- retain the current management and governance structures.
Other policies which the Executive Committee have been working on in readiness for the next round of the Olympic Recognition process include:
- IDBF Table of Authorities
- IDBF Travel Policy
- IDBF Ethics Policy (update in progress)
- IDBF Transgender Policy (in progress)
Currently in action is also a working group to review the 2000m racing rules and regulations and the points system for the Nations Cup.